Name: Eastern Treatment Plant (ETP) Buried Pipeworks Stages 1 – 3
Client: Eastern Tertiary Alliance (Baulderstone, United Group & Melbourne Water Alliance)
Completed: November 2011
This multi-million dollar project resulted in the upgrade of the Eastern Treatment Plant to a Class A recycled water facility. Quinn Civil project scope was the installation of various pipeworks:
- 360m of DN2500 GRP pipe up to 9m deep under existing services 210m of DN2100, DN2000 and DN1600 Carbon Steel pipe up to 2-3m deep
- Caisson construction of a 6.5m internal diameter concrete pump station to 6m deep
- 4km of 110mm poly pipe using electrofusion jointing methods
- Open cut installation of pipe work (GRP, RCP, PE MS & PVC) ranging in size from Ø32mm to Ø2500mm at depths from 0.7m to 6.5m.
- 4.6km of Electrofusion jointed PE pipe Ø32mm to Ø250mm.
All pipes were successfully pressure tested with no leaks.